Branded

Buon inizio settimana cari avventori🍵

oggi vi lascio un altro dei miei esperimenti while I was learning english. Il primo volume di una trilogia che ha per protagonisti degli insoliti e inquietanti angeli, The Wall Street Juornal best seller, scaricato direttamente da Amazon. Non esiste ancora la versione italiana se non erro. Noto ora che ha cambiato cover oltre a prezzo, a suo tempo era gratuito.

Happy reading! 
❥Vi


Title: Branded (book one - The fall of angels trilogy)
Author: Keary Taylor
Pages: 371
Format: paperback € 11,61 - ebook 0,99
Find it on Amazon: here
On the remote shores of Lake Samish hides a woman losing touch with reality. Haunted by violent dreams of angels, standing judgment for the sins of others, Jessica has resorted to a life of solitude and nightmares. But when two men she can’t ignore enter her life, everything changes, including the afterlife that calls to her. Can she hide the physical scars that follow her into the land of the living from the enigmatic and easygoing Alex? And why is her gorgeous and assertive new neighbor, Cole, so fascinated with her? A chance at love sits within reach, but the clock is ticking, and it might not be long until Jessica stands her own judgment and becomes the object of her greatest fear.
Comment: I’ve given much thoughts to this novel. There were so many things I appreciated in Branded that I definitely enjoyed the reading, despite something wasn’t so good. I love the angel setting Keary Taylor has been able to create. I had been mesmerized by the council and the judgments and whole part about angels. They were weird, not the first weird angels I met in paranormal romance, but original in their own way. I liked Jessica’s story and her unusual ability as well, even if the best characters were the secondary, Sally and Emily, for me at least. There were many unnecessary descriptions, especially about characters’ actions, and sometimes the characters’ descriptions were repeated too much, but the writing style is simple and modern and makes the book an easy reading as much as the narrative mode, Jessica POV. The only thing I didn’t get it was the Jessica and Alex love story. Their relationship seemed growing up to fast for me. I don’t know, It was as if something was missing there. It just didn’t take me deep. By the way, it was just the first book. There was a great potential and the mystery surrounding angels world was intriguing.

0 commenti

Grazie per il tuo contributo. Il commento non è stato mangiato da blogger ma è in attesa di essere approvato. Comparirà appena sarà avvistato :)